Please select your preferences to subscribe.

Garment factory worker, burnt in fire at house in Chittagong, dies in hospital

  • Chittagong Bureau,
    Published: 2015-06-28 13:34:06 BdST

Four garment factory workers burnt in stove fire at house in Chittagong

One of the four garment factory workers burned in a gas stove fire in Chittagong’s EPZ area last Wednesday has died in hospital.

Mohammad Nayan, 17, died at the Chittagong Medical College and Hospital’s burn unit on Saturday evening.

Doctor Mrinal Kanti Das said he had suffered 70 percent burns.

A tin-shed colony at Bandartila caught fire on Wednesday from a gas stove.

Nayan, his sister Nargis Akter, 20, Mosammat Salma, 21, and her sister Kohinur Akter, 20, all garment factory workers, were burned in the accident.